Financial Grant Request
The Kiwanis Club of Winchester Virginia Foundation, Inc. (Hereafter, The Foundation) is accepting requests for financial grants from local area organizations that support our community’s children and family needs. All grant requests must meet our Foundation goals and ideas and promote the goals of the Kiwanis Club of Winchester, Virginia.
Priority will be given to those grant requests that directly benefit children over those that solely benefit the community.
Not all requests for Financial Grants will be offered aid by the Foundation and the Foundation maintains the right to decline any Financial Request for any reason.
General Request Instructions
- The Foundation will screen all Financial Grant Requests through its Board of Directors. Financial Grant Requests will be screened, in part, with the following considerations:
- Is the request within the mission of the Foundation?
- Is the requester a recognized or verified member of the Winchester or surrounding community?
- Does the request directly support children’s needs or overall community needs such that:
- Worthy youth can obtain vocational excellence.
- Handicapped persons can regain happy, useful lives.
- Children have the opportunity to improve their development, education, living conditions, and future endeavors for their positive fulfillment.
- There would be a positive impact on the community as a whole.
- Is the requester a verifiable person or entity in good community standing and free of serious criminal, civil, or ethical concerns?
- If financial aid is approved and offered to the requester, and unless specifically requested for anonymity, all donations will be accompanied by a press release and other public announcements, i.e., social, print and broadcast media.
- If anonymity is requested, The Foundation’s official financial records will still maintain the recipient’s full identifying information, request and payment information, etc. to meet IRS law.
- The Foundation retains the right for inspection or request for any additional information in order for its Board to evaluate the Request for Financial Grant.
- The Foundation has no obligation to provide requestor with any supporting information, documentation, or details of its decision making on any Request for Financial Grant.